Mood boards & sketches
Upon receipt of a brief, Catherine Milner Interiors (CMI) will develop a new design concept or a design to embellish and enrich the existing décor, reflecting the existing architectural design.
This is then presented to the client through a series of mood boards, free hand sketches and drawings. Clients can be confident that Catherine’s drawings provide a highly inspirational and atmospheric visualization and an accurate representation and intention of what can be achieved for their property. Following commission CMI begins work following a carefully drawn out and deliberate approach.
The initial structural and architectural designs, based on classical principles, are the most important for the development of a CMI project as they are the key to unlocking the rational logic of the architecture, manipulating spaces, building new dimensions to room shapes and allowing maximum light to flow throughout.
Within CMI designs, every detail is totally thought through to ensure the spaces are both functional and beautiful, as when the right balance is achieved between all the elements, there is always a sense of defined luxury and a quiet timeless elegance and intimacy.
CMI has a network of contractors, highly skilled craftsmen, product designers, artists and artisans with whom she collaborates and who are often commissioned to create unique and beautiful bespoke pieces for her clients.
Design Details & Finishes
The right finish is incredibly important; every architectural line, nuance, curve and texture is designed in perfect proportion, balance and harmony and embellished with impeccable craftsmanship and excellent materials.
Catherine has extensive experience creating designs and finishes using:
- Architectural finishes: bespoke joinery, paneling, doors, architraves, skirting, bespoke bookcases, cornicing and moldings
- Lighting designs – which highlight the architectural finishes and intensify the colours and beauty of the objects within
- Crystal chandeliers and, mirror and glass designs, sculptural wall lights in bronze and ebony, onyx and glass
- Walls and ceilings in polished Venetian Plaster, which is unique to each design
- Gilding and lacquering
- Vintage & contemporary glass work
- Bespoke metalwork
- Marble, onyx and other rare and beautiful stone, mosaics
- Fabrics and wallpapers in subtly beautiful shades reflecting nature’s incandescent beauty
- Bespoke wood finishes
- Specially commissioned, unique pieces of furniture and furnishing
- Lighting solutions that create a mood that both inspires and comforts
- Sleek furnishings and sumptuous materials