In order to best understand a client’s objectives, a series of preliminary meetings are held. This includes an on site meeting to determine objectives and priorities, followed by a project proposal and terms of instruction.
Upon project commencement, Catherine Milner Interiors begins with:
- Consultation with Catherine and the chosen architect to provide a conceptual analysis of the property based on the client’s objectives, inclusive of any property constraints and structural evaluation and layout breakdown.
- Proposed reconfiguring of the spaces
- Presentation of the initial design concept, sketches and mood boards
- Evaluation of any structural issues relating to the design
- Discussion of any relevant planning permissions required
- The costs associated with the proposed building works and interiors and defining a client’s budget.
- Presentation of quotes and analysing estimates
- Defining and consolidating costs within an agreed budget
- Coordinating and implementing agreed design proposals through active project management
- Presenting the detailed quotes that correspond with the works.
- Final tender presented, including an appraisal report, final drawings and decorative design plans.
- Work descriptions drawn up detailing contracted work including: construction, electrical, plumbing, carpentry, marble and stonework, wall and floor finishes.
- Creative direction of project work throughout the renovation
- Overseeing all aspects of design and finish at project completion so that the client’s objectives are fully met
- Creating project work schedule for all participants
- Selection and purchase of rugs, fabrics, wall coverings, upholstery, furniture (be it vintage, contemporary or bespoke), specialist lighting designs.
- Commissioning bespoke pieces if required/desired